This collage project got a thumbs up from four kinder teachers yesterday. Just make sure you have the paper supplies cut to size first, and save it for the end of the year. Kinder skills advance so much in those few months.
1. Students were given a 5″ x 7″ rectangle of yellow paper, and glued a 2″ x 5″ piece of white paper on one side.
2. A 3″ x 5″ piece of black paper was cut into several stripes and glued down as shown.
3. Students flipped the art over, drew a half circle and cut. The back was glued to a blue paper.
4. White wings were cut from a small white paper and glued as desired.
5. A Sharpie was used to draw the eyes, legs and antennae. FYI: All the supplies may be purchased at Staples.