When great books can be matched with kinder painting projects, you might just get some really amazing art. Here are two adorable examples.
• Drawing or multi-media paper, 9″ x 12″ or larger
• Black Sharpie marker, black chisel tip
• Tempera cake paints
- Read “Where the Wild Things Are” by Maurice Sendak.
- Direct students in simple monster drawing with large head, jellybean body, and arms and legs with claws.
- Students trace their art with a chisel tip black Sharpie marker for bold lines.
- Students use a plate of yellow and blue tempera paint to create lots of shades of green for their monster.