I found this method in a drawing book years ago, and have saved it for kinders and a “Very Hungary Caterpillar” lesson ever since.
• Caterpillar PDF Template (dashed lines for tracing)
• Drawing paper
• Black Sharpie marker
PREP: Print a template for each kinder.
1. Students trace all the lines with their pencil.
2. They place their pencil at the top of the left most line, and “jump” up and down to connect each line.
3. They place their pencil and the bottom of the left most line, ad “jump” down and up to connect each line.
4. A head and tail and feet are added. Details such as fuzzy lines and patterns are encouraged.
5. The drawing is traced with a black marker
6. The art is colored with a a crayon.