I put my portrait drawing skills to the test today to see if I show students how to draw Martin Luther King, hopefully with a decent resemblance.The kids did a great job so I thought I’d pass this along as I know quite a few students are studying the life of this amazing man.
TIP: I strongly recommend using a thick black Sharpie marker for all the black as it really helped to make the colors dramatic. The rest could be colored or painted, whatever your time or supplies allow.
• Color print of Martin Luther King tutorial
• Drawing or Multimedia paper
• Sharpie marker, black, fine tip
• Sharpie marker, chisel tip
• Crayons or watercolor paint
PREP: Draw or print guidelines on paper
1. Students follow the tutorial to draw Martin Luther King.
2. The lines are traced with a fine tip Sharpie.
3. The black areas are colored in with a chisel tip Sharpie marker.
4. The face is colored brown, and the background any color desired.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.