This cow is made from some very basic shapes. A few rectangles, triangles and ovals can make a pretty darn cute cow or calf.
1. Start with a large rectangle in the middle of the paper.
2. Add a triangle for the neck, and rectangles for the legs.
3. The head is added overlapping the neck. Eyes, nose and ears are added as well as the tail and udder. At this point I the students erase any lines that separate the body parts.
4. Each student uses a black crayon to trace the pencil drawing. Spots are drawn and colored in. A pink crayon may be used to color in the nose and ears.
5. Students use liquid watercolors to paint in the grass and sky.