• Newsprint, approx. 10″ x 17″
• Sharpie marker, black
• Oil pastels (I like the Portfolio brand)
1. Students make their own template by folding the newsprint in half, and cutting half of a block “T” shape.
2. Students trace the template onto the 12″ x 18″ paper. The sides of the kimono are added next, and then a ribbon edging.
3. The kimono is traced with a marker.
4. Students make a design on their kimono in pencil.
5. Oil pastels are used to color in their designs. Students may also to cut out their kimono and mount to another paper if their paper gets too smudgy.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.