1. Students start with drawing the tear drop fish shape on the right, then the one on the left.
2. Tails and eyes are added.
3. Fins are drawn on the sides, along with some curvy weeds.
4. All pencil lines are traced with crayon. Any spots on the fish are colored in, as well as the inside of the leaves. Lines for bubbles are drawn with a white crayon.
5. Students paint the fish with Orange liquid watercolor paint, and the background with Turquoise blue. I use the Dick Blick brand, if you want to get the same color results as my sample.