Drawing a page of ladybugs couldn’t be much easier if you start with a circle template.
Draw with a permanent black marker and you can just paint right over your cute little bugs. Red is always nice, but who says they can’t be rainbow colored too? When you are the artist, anything is possible.
• Mixed media paper
• Circle template, card stock or otherwise
• Sharpie marker, black chisel tip
• Liquid watercolor paint
1. Students trace circles on their paper until it is full. Remember, space is needed between the ladybugs for legs, etc.
2. Small heads are added to the bugs, along with center lines, V-shaped ends, antennae and spots.
3. The drawings are traced with a Sharpie marker.
4. The bugs are painted with watercolor.
5. The background is painted as well.