To honor it’s history, here’s a Liberty Bell art project
that uses sgraffito, an ancient scratch art technique.
• Cardstock paper
• Oil pastels (I prefer the Portfolio brand)
• Stick for scratching
- Print Liberty Bell artwork for each student.
2. Students color in the artwork with oil pastels.
3. All the art is colored heavily with a dark pastel: blue, purple, black, etc.
4. Students use the stick to scratch away all of the top color.
They may change directions to make the shapes stand out.
5. All of the art is traced all with a black pastel.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.