• Multimedia paper, 10″ x 18″
• Sharpie permanent marker
• Tempera paints
• Sharpie Gold paint markers
1. Students fold the 10″ x 18″ paper in half, crease, and open
2. Students draw a nutcracker that has a hat that touches the top edge, a belt that is on the fold, and shoes that are sitting on the bottom edge. Fill in the nutcracker with details such as boots, shirt button detail and face. The shoulders should nearly touch the sides of the paper.
3. Paint the nutcracker with tempera paints. Lots of red and black make for festive holiday colors.
4. Once the paint is dry, trace over the pencil lines with a black sharpie marker.
5. Use a gold opaque poster marker to fill in detail such as the buttons and cuffs.