• Card stock paper: blue, green, yellows, reds, oranges and white
• Glue stick
• Sharpie marker, fine tip, black
PREP: Cut green card stock into long strips, about 2″ x 11″
Cut yellow, red, orange and white card stock into rectangles about 3″ x 4″ or so
1. Students take a strip of green paper and cut one long side so that it has a wavy edge. They glue it to the bottom of the blue paper.
2. Students select various precut squares and rectangles of warm colors and cut round corners to turn them into ovals and circles.
3. As each oval or round tree is cut, it is glued down and a marker is used to draw a trunk and branches.
4. Trees are cut, glued and drawn until they overlap and fill the page.
5. White clouds and a yellow sun are added at the top, if desired.