These little pipe cleaner people are easy to make and fun to pose with their bendable legs and arms. They measure a little under 3″ when done, and have lots of possibilities for art projects, including Keith Haring, who was famous for murals with simple, colorful figures.
• Pipecleaners, two per student
Follow the above diagram:
1. Fold one pipe cleaner in half and twist an oval at the top to make the head.
2. Fold two arms that are the same length.
3. Twist the pipe cleaners to make the torso. Fold the legs up so they end at the crotch. Twist the legs so they look like one thick pipe cleaner. Do the same for the arms.
4. Take the remaining pipe cleaner and start twisting around the head.
5. Continue wrapping the second pipe cleaner around the torso of the body until you reach the end. Tuck in any loose ends.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.