Popsicle stick crafts have a natural, eco-friendly look, perfect for Father’s Day.
• Old soup can, 15 oz.
• White spray paint (optional)
1. Start with two thick wooden rulers and tape them down to a cardboard base. Leave just enough space in between for a row of popsicle sticks to lie flat.
2. Place 25 sticks between the rulers that are all touching side by side. Glue down two fabric ribbons with some craft glue.
3. Let dry for about 15 minutes so that the sticks and ribbon are mostly bonded together. Carefully pick up the row of sticks with the ribbon and let dry for at least an hour.
4. One side of the ribbon gets trimmed flush with the stick edge, and the other is trimmed down to about an inch. Glue those ends to the inside of the opposite side and secure with a paper clip until it is dry.
5. Paint an empty, clean 15oz. can and let dry. The popsicle band should slide right over the can. A ribbon may be added for decoration.