This project makes for a great introduction to painting. Give students just the primary colors or red, yellow and blue, they can mix their own green.
- Multimedia paper, 12″ x 18″
- Tempera paint: Blue, Red and Yellow
1. Fold a tabloid or larger sheet of paper in half. Paint a blue vase in the center of the bottom half.
2. Paint 5 – 6 yellow dots in the top half of the paper.
3. Paint red circle leaves around each flower.
4. Use the yellow and blue paint to mix green and connect each flower to the vase. Add leaves where there is space.