• White card stock paper, 5″ x 3.75″
• Black card stock paper, 8.5″ x 11″
• Oil pastels
• Glue stick
1. Draw one candle in the middle of the white paper, and then one on either side. The flame is circled for the “glow” and then the background is divided into sections using many different diagonal lines that extended across the paper.
2. All of the candles and background are colored as desired with oil pastels. I recommended keeping the flame a “hot” color, and the ring around them yellow so they glow.
3. All of the edges are traced with a black oil pastel. Smudges are welcome as they will make the art look more artsy and glass-like.
4. The pastel drawing is glued to a folded sheet of black paper.