Here they are, my student’s beautiful cast tissue paper tiles, taped on to some chipboard to make book covers.
I love how the tissue paper made the all the colors bleed together in really unexpected ways, and all the pretty patterns found on my new rubbing tiles.
PREP: Cut lots of tissue paper into approximately 1″ squares. I like to keep assortments either warm or cool colors so that the bleeding colors stay bright.
1. Students get a mixture of 50/50 white glue and water, and brush in onto the tile.
2. Tissue squares are placed on the tile and more glue / water is brushed on top until everything is saturated. Let dry overnight.
3. Remove the tissue from the tile and trim if any edges are not straight.
4. Glue tissue square to matching size chip board.
5. Cut or tear strips of duct tape and wrap over edges of tissue and board.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.