My 3rd and 4th graders are finishing their year long art journal books with summer sunglasses self portraits.
They are drawing themselves with reflections of what they will be seeing this summer. This task was super easy thanks to some little wooden glasses I found at Michaels. I love how they helped students draw nice size heads on their 6″ x 9″ paper. I’m going to order more of these little guys for next year, as they seem to only be available online. No matter, they are worth the effort and perfect for this project!
• Art journal page or drawing paper, 6″ x 9″
• Black Sharpie marker
• Wooden eyeglasses, to use as template
• Crayola crayons
1. Trace glasses onto paper.
2. Draw the head around the glasses. Finish with hair and body. Students are to draw a reflection of something inside the frames.
3. All of the art is traced with a marker.
4. All of the art is colored heavily with crayons.