Here’s another take on my tissue paper tile project posted recently, I just wanted to share that there is an even easier way to make them.
Use good old liquid starch as it dries much faster and keeps things much less sticky. I found my starch at Smart & Final, which is a restaurant supply store in CA. I love how the ordinary tissue colors bleed together in a really sophisticated looking way.
PREP: Cut lots of tissue paper into approximately 1″ squares. I like to keep assortments either warm or cool colors so that the bleeding colors stay bright.
1. Students get a mixture of 50/50 white glue and water, and brush in onto the tile.
2. Tissue squares are placed on the tile and more glue / water is brushed on top until everything is saturated. Let dry overnight.
3. Remove the tissue from the tile and trim if any edges are not straight.
4. Glue tissue square to matching size chip board.
5. Cut or tear strips of duct tape and wrap over edges of tissue and board.
Note: This post contains affiliate links.