Torn edges have a way of making shapes that would never happen if you started cutting away with a pair of scissors.
This duck collage project has a simple shape, but I would save it for maybe 3rd grade and up as they would have more control of their tears.
• Drawing paper
• Old magazines
• Glue stick
• Black marker
1. Find two magazine pages with similar shades of yellow, and two with similar shades of orange.
2. Tear small shapes from both sheets of yellow and glue to make up the main body.
3. Add yellow torn shapes to create legs, tail and head.
4. Tear dark orange shapes for the feet, and light orange for the beak. Draw an eye with a black marker.
5. Draw an eye with a black marker.