Here’s a fun Joan Miro art lesson that calls for a few supplies. It’s a great time to imitate Miro’s simple shapes, just like those found in his surrealist paintings.
There are even some Common Core applications for this Joan Miro lesson. Cutting the needed yarn will … “Recognize and generate simple equivalent fractions using a visual fraction model.”
- Joan Miro Painting PDF Tutorial
- Watercolor Paper
- Bleeding tissue paper*
- Black Sharpie
- White glue
- Paint brush
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Draw a simple figure on watercolor paper.
- Trace the drawing with a marker and crayon.
- Cut 2″ squares from tissue paper.
- Brush water over art and apply tissue paper.
- Let the tissue dry on the paper.
- Remove the tissue.
- Cut yarn.
- Glue yarn to paper as desired.
Submit your review