Thought I had to give up one of my favorite clay modeling ideas when my kiln went down. Not true, this air dry clay works just fine.
• Air dry clay
• Acrylic paint
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
- Roll a small ball of clay and push into silicone rubber base to make what looks like a pinch pot. The finished cupcake will have a hollow inside. It’s makes a for a fun container and helps the cupcake to dry faster too.
- Roll a 6″ or so long snake. Roll into a swirl to make the top frosting.
- Form a small cherry and place on top. Let dry 24 hours.
- Carefully remove base from liner, taking care to keep all the ridges. Dry both the top and the bottom until it is hard to the touch.
- Paint with acrylic paint. For extra shine, spray with a gloss.