This air-dry clay starfish will give students a change to practice their blending skills. Five fingers need to be mushed in the middle to make him nice and sturdy.
- Air-Dry clay
- Skewer or stick
- Paper plate
- Squeeze a ball of clay, add some water to make it soft and sticky.
- Divide the clay into five equal pieces.
- Roll each into a ball and then a small sausage-looking shape.
- Arrange the five “sausages” in the shape of a star, touching in the center.
- Use wet fingers to blend clay in the center until smooth.
- Turn the star over and do the same on the other side.
- Pinch the ends to make a little pointy.
- Use a stick to add a little texture to the top side.
- Let dry on a paper plate.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.