Giuseppe Arcimboldo was an Italian artist from the 1500s who spent years working as an official court painter.
He developed a style of composing portraits from fruits, vegetables, etc., which was uniquely his own. “How Are You Peeling?” is a book that reminds us that our food can look a lot like faces, when using our imagination.
• Drawing or multimedia paper, 9″ x 12″
• Color prints of Fruit and Vegetable PDF file
• Glue sticks
1. Students start by choosing a large shape to make the head, then the body, legs, arms.
2. Smaller shapes are cut for the eyes, mouth, etc.
3. After all the body parts are collected and laid out, they are attached with a glue stick.