Every fall I look for a new twist on a self-portrait project to start the school year. I like this one as the fold line guides will force them to fill their paper.
- Half Portrait Tutorial (see below)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
- Fold paper in half three times to create crease guide lines.
- Draw the half portrait according to the instructions on the tutorial. Note that many of the features of the face are meant to fall right on the crease lines. This will be a big help in making a well-proportioned face.
- Trace all the final art with a marker.
- Color in with crayons. Two-tone letters are fun to add a little bit of a graffiti look.
Draw Half Portrait
Subscribe to download this tutorial and also receive notification of new products and exclusive offers.