I was about to get rid of some old dictionaries, when I realized the pages had just the weathered look that I wanted for a collage project for kids.
• Black card stock paper
• Old books that only have type, no photos
• Sharpie marker, black chisel tip and fine tip
• Glue sticks
• White colored pencil
1. Students cut building shapes out of old book pages.
2. Lots of windows are drawn on their buildings with a marker.
3. Students outline the edge of each building with a fine tip marker.
4. The buildings are glued down to the black card stock with a glue stick.
5. White details were added to the sky using a white colored pencil.