I think it’s a good way to introduce children to collage as the colors are fun and bright and the cutting is pretty basic.
- Card stock paper: yellow, black, white, purple
- Paper cutter
- Glue sticks
PREP: Cut yellow paper in quarters, or 5.5″ x 4.25″. Cut white in 4.25″ x 2.25″ rectangles. Cut black card stock into 5.5″ x 4.25″ rectangles.
1. Students glue white rectangle to one side of yellow paper. Students cut strips from the long side of the black paper and glue them with a glue stick as shown.
2. The yellow paper is turned over, and a half circle is drawn and cut on the line.
3. The body is glued to the center of the paper. Wings are cut from white, and glued under the top of the bee.
4. Legs, eyes and antennae are drawn with a black marker.