I was looking for STEAM art projects for our school event, and was happy to find some spinning CD inspiration. Just a little prep, little expense, and lots of recycling of old CDs made this a winner.
- Old CDs
- Sharpie markers
- Imitation pearls
- Bamboo skewers
- Paper cutter or other tool to cut skewers
- Hot glue gun
- PREP: Cut bamboo skewers to 3″ or so lengths with paper cutter or other tool.
- Students color on the iridescent side of an old CD with Sharpie markers.
- An adult hot glues the bead into the hole of the CD.
- Students place the stick into the hole and spin away. I found most bamboo sticks to have a nice, tight fit, but if they are loose, use more hot glue to secure.