Christmas card craft ideas can include this “minimalist” holiday card. A few folds of paper and you have a very simple dimensional tree.
• Pattern paper, cut to 5″ x 2.5″ strips
• Craft glue
• White card stock paper, 4.75″ x 6.75″
• Red card stock paper, 5″ x 7″
• Envelope (optional)
1. Cut strips of paper 5″ long by 1/2 ” wide and follow the folding and chaining technique shown in the diagram below.
2. Fold and chain 6 links for the bottom row of the tree, 4 for the middle, 2 for the top and 1 for the trunk.
3. Arrange the chain segments as shown on a piece of white paper, about 5″ x 7″ and glue in place. Glue the white paper to a slightly larger colored paper for an accent.