This collage project gives students cutting and tearing practice, not to mention use of math vocabulary of making rows and columns for the windows.
• Card stock paper, I recommend Pacon
• Glue stick
• Black Sharpie marker
1. Students tear three rectangles from construction paper and arrange on a background sheet of paper. The pieces are not to overlap. They are glued down with a glue stick.
2. Students cut square windows and follow this formula:
• One building with two columns and two rows of windows
• One with two columns and three rows of windows
• One with two columns and four rows of windows
3. Details are drawn with a black marker, such as window panes, doors, cars and more.