I came up with this Craft Stick Snowflake to help students make a special gift for their parents that is inexpensive, non-denominational, and pretty quick to make. My sample measures about 10″ across, and is made from sticks that you can buy at Michaels or JoAnns. Even if you pay retail (without any coupons) the cost is about 35¢ per student for just the sticks. Not bad.
• Mini Craft Sticks, 12
• Craft Stick Woodsies, 6
• Masking Tape
• Craft Glue
• Spray Paint, optional
1. Tape the six longer sticks down in a star shape as shown so they don’t move while adding the small ones.
2. Arrange six of the smaller sticks on top to make a circle. Lift each up and place a large spot of glue underneath.
3. Add a large spot of glue near the ends of the large sticks and add six smaller ones across as shown.
4. Let the snowflake dry until the sticks no longer wiggle.
5. Spray paint or hand paint as your imagination desires.