Lemon juice dropped on a watercolor art trading cards will make some pretty cool shapes if left to sit for a few minutes.
• Lemon juice (bottled is fine)
• Black pen or thin black marker
PREP: Cut watercolor paper to the standard ATC size: 3.5″ x 2.5″.
1. Paint with liquid watercolor paint, overlapping areas so that they bleed together. NOTE: I used Dr. Ph. Martin’s paint to get the intense colors. If possible, use full strength paint to get maximum color. Let dry, or make many cards so to give the first ones time to dry.
2. Use a brush or eyedropper to place small dots of lemon juice on cards. Let sit for a couple of minutes before dabbing with a tissue. The citric acid will “bleach” out the color below it.
3. Use a black ball point pen or marker to trace the shapes that are created and turn them into whatever creatures come to mind.