Here’s a fun Mona Lisa art project, starting with her very famous face and then filling in your own background with lines, just for contrast.
This photoshopped face of Mona Lisa was originally posted quite a while ago, but only with the one main page to draw on. When I taught this project, I realized students needed more references to “fill in the blanks”. They needed to see how the arms would take shape, a finished example for inspiration, and the original painting for a little art history.
• Deluxe Line Art Mona Lisa PDF template
• Color Printer
• Drawing paper
• Sharpie marker, fine point and ultra fine point
PREP: Print face with blank background for each student.
1. Draw a new body and background for Mona Lisa’s portrait. Placing her in a contemporary setting will get you some funny results!
2. Trace the main edges with a fine point Sharpie marker.
3. Add lots of detailed lines with an ultra fine point marker so you end up with thick and thin lines.