Studying the wild west, or having a wild west theme birthday party? Learn how to draw a “Wanted” self portrait to imagine yourself in that time period.
Start by using my included template to create the wanted poster background. Print the two halves on drawing paper and tape together to make an old-fashioned frame.
Draw yourself inside, with the necessary cowboy hat and scarf. Follow the directions to make the features and hair look like yours.
Cut the edges of your poster so it looks torn, rub a crayon edge to make it look old, and you have the makings of a very cool Wanted poster!
If you like this tutorial, it’s actually a sample from my “Self Portrait Art Projects” ebook, found in my PDF Shop. Just click on the link or photo to learn more.
- Wanted Poster PDF Template and Tutorial
- Drawing paper
- Marker for tracing
- Download PDF tutorial and template.
- Print pages 2 and 3 on cream drawing paper, one set per student.
- Pre cut the paper side that gets taped with a paper cutter to get a straight edge.
- Place the two halves together, edge to edge, and tape from behind.
- Students follow the Wanted Poster tutorial to draw themselves inside the rectangle.
- Trace the drawing with black marker.
- Fill in the drawing with crayons.
- Cut the outside edge with a scissors and rub with the side of a brown crayon to make it look old.
Submit your review