For this easy tree drawing, try thinking of it as a series of branches, and not just a fluffy shape that sits on one stick.
• Multimedia paper
• Oil Pastels, I like the Portfolio brand for blending
1. Students draw a large “Y” on their paper.
2. They add smaller “Y” on each side, alternating as they go up each branch. To make the “Y” the most realistic, they should be directed upward towards the sky.
3. When the lines are complete, they need to be thickened. The fattest part of the tree should be at the bottom trunk, and all the lines should gradually get thinner until they end in points at the top.
4. Lots of fall colors may be colored around the branches.
5. The background may be added, with grass and shadow and sun and clouds.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.