• Card stock or drawing paper
• Black Sharpie markers, fine tip
• Portfolio Oil Pastels
1. Draw the center tree trunk.
2. Add one curvy branch to the right and one to the left.
3. Center two more curvy branches on either side. Draw the ground line behind the tree.
4. Add small curvy branches wherever space allows.
5. Add small abstract triangle leaves and mushroom shapes.
6. Add abstract designs inside the tree and on the ground. Erase the lines where the the branches are added on.
7. Trace all the lines with a permanent black marker. Color the tree and background as desired. Gold and rich colors were often featured in Klimt’s work. NOTE: The oil from the pastels will at some point make the Sharpie marker “bleed” and make fuzzy lines. If you do not want that to happen, then swap the marker for an oil pastel, or take a photo of your art before that happens.