Auguste Renoir, a French Impressionist painter, was famous for his use of vibrant light and saturated color. This scratch art project is one way to play simulate that look of bright light on a sunny day.
- Portfolio Oil Pastels, 24 pack
- Wooden Stylus
- Drawing or multi media paper
- Print of Renoir painting for reference
- Begin by covering your paper with a layer of yellow pastel.
- This project is meant to simulate the look of Renoir painting, so a simple side view of a dancing woman with her arm extended is drawn next in pastel as shown.
- An old fashioned man is added next, still in pastel and colored heavily and filled in with more pastel.
- The background area around the couple is filled in with another pastel color.
- A wooden stylus is used to scratch away areas that might reflect light on a sunny day. Details on the dress, the man’s hat and more are all possibilities.