Here’s a fun way to draw a scarecrow. Add some crayon lines and watercolor and you have a very cute fall painting.
I highly recommend printing or drawing the light center guide lines though, before you start. They really help young ones place their lines. And don’t skip the crayon details as they add some nice bumpy texture.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my HALLOWEEN DRAWING ebook. It contains 25 brand new tutorials that first timers can try out to draw new shapes, and the more experienced can use as a starting point before adding their own twists, and details, and shadows.
Each project includes easy to follow step-by-step tutorial, a full size line drawing for reference, and finished color sample. Just click on the title or book to learn more.
• View and download Scarecrow Tutorial
• Watercolor paper
• Sharpie black marker
* Liquid watercolor paint
Prep: Print color copy of tutorial for each student
1. Draw or print guidelines. Students draw their scarecrow in pencil.
2. The drawing is traced with the marker.
3. Small parts of the scarecrow are colored with crayons, as in the eyes, nose, buttons and patches.
4. Add straw with a yellow crayon. Press really hard to make the lines show up.
5. Paint the scarecrow with liquid watercolor paint.