A collage makes a great earth day project, but can also result in a lot of unfinished art. Turn everyone’s effort into a group project and see what can happen. This was created by 35 fourth graders in about 45 minutes.
- Old magazines
- Butcher paper
- Glue sticks, lots!
- Black marker
- PREP: Draw one large planet template on a piece of white rolled paper, approx. 22″ wide. I traced copies of the green areas on separate sheets.
- Students cut green and blue swatches of magazine pages and leave them in the front of the room.
- I played the role of “gluemaster” and glued all the pieces to the templates, overlapping all the edges.
- The marker line showed through to the back, so when complete, the green sections are turned over and cut out.
- The cut green sections are glued over the blue. Lamination is recommended for a nice finish.