Earth Day water conservation is a great theme for collaborative collage project. Why try to make 24 or so small collages when one big one has much more impact?
• Butcher paper, 3 ft or so
• Old magazines
• Glue sticks, about 3 or 4
1. Draw a 3 foot tall or so water drop shape on white butcher paper.
2. Students cut all sorts of blue art from magazines and drop it at the front of the room.
3. I used (many!) glue sticks to overlap all the pieces, with lighter colors on left and darker on the right.
4. When complete, the drop was cut out for a smooth edge. This is a good classroom reminder to continue to conserve water.