Below you’ll find an easy step-by-step tutorial for how to draw a Valentine Bear and a Valentine Bear Coloring Page. There’s nothing like a hand drawn Valentine card!
One of the best reasons to learn how to draw, aside from all the learning skills they offer, is the chance to make a little work of art for someone special on a special day. One of those days comes up next month, and when students learn how to draw a Valentine Bear, they have all kinds of options of how to make a beautiful handmade Valentine card.
This bear is so simple to draw, not to mention the paws and heart, that it makes it a very doable drawing for even very young artists. They hardest part will be deciding how to finish it off — paints, crayons, markers?
If the drawing looks a little taller than my other letter size projects, it’s because it is proportioned to fit well on a folded 9″ x 12″ sheet of paper. This obviously makes a pretty card, and the smaller art is easier to finish in one class session too.
Pin me to your Pinterest Board
Use the Button below to download a PDF Tutorial
Valentine Bear Coloring Page
Materials for Valentine Bear Project
Note: This post contains affiliate links. If you click and take action, I will be compensated a small amount at no expense to you.
- Watercolor Paper.
- Real watercolor paper always makes the watercolor paint much more vibrant.
- The Ticonderoga brand are the most reliable, make nice dark lines when you need them, and are the easiest to erase.
- Crayola Crayons.
- This classic brand always works well.
- Rounded Watercolor Brush.
- A good paint brush can make all the difference in the world. Who can paint small details with one of those big floppy brushes? This style with a sturdy rounded tip were my hands down favorite.
- Liquid Watercolor Paint.
- These are so easy to work with, leave such bright colors and make clean up so easy.
- Non-Spill Paint Cup.
- Train your students to leave the matching brush in each cup after they use it, and you have an easy system with very little cleanup.
Step by Step Directions for Valentine Bear Project
Time needed: 35 minutes.
How to Draw a Valentine Bear
- Fold to make guide lines. Draw
left side of the body.
- Draw a matching right side of
- Add the muzzle.
- Draw a nose and mouth.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add two ears.
- Draw two paws.
- Add the claws.
- Draw a heart behind the paws.
- Write “I LOVE YOU“.
- Add “BEARY MUCH” below.
- Trace with a black marker and
paint with watercolors.