My students needed some easy snowman drawing directions, so I make this diagram. Simple adjustment of the face and buttons can add a lot of dimension.
Consider making a snowman art show with lots of these guys all lined up looking around and in different directions. So much more fun than every one just looking straight ahead.
- Drawing paper, 18″ x 24″
- Black marker, chisel tip
- Crayons or Crayola Color Sticks
- Prep: Cut paper to 12″ x 8″ panels.
- Draw a snowman, taking care of where to place their face and buttons as shown in the diagram.
- Trace the drawing with a black marker.
- Color the hat with the marker to make it extra black.
- The scarf and sky are colored with crayons or color sticks. Try to make the sky a bright blue so the white snowman really stands out.