Here’s an easy to draw dragonfly tutorial works really well for young artist, especially kindergarteners. Lots of oval drawing practice.
This drawing happens to be one of my favorites, as in all-time favorites. The smile, and eyelashes, and hearts and scribbly color all just make me smile every time I look at it.
All I know is that if I try to copy art like this when making samples, it always looks like I’m trying to draw like a kid. I think it’s this age (5 to 6 years?) that can bring about art that’s made just for the pure fun of it.
• Download Dragonfly Tutorial
• Drawing Paper
• Sharpie marker, black
• Crayons or colored pencils
1. Follow the drawing steps on the tutorial.
2. Trace the lines with a black marker.
3. Color the picture as desired with crayons or colored pencils.