This crayon and watercolor resist is a simple fall leaf art project, but also a good lesson in adding texture.
Try using warm colors inside the leaf, and cool on the outside so you have a lot of contrast.
- Multimedia paper
- Embroider Plastic Mesh mat for texture rubbing
- Liquid watercolor paint
- Large leaf templates (optional, but helpful for kinders)
- Follow the tutorial to draw the leaf lightly with a penci.
- Trace all the lines with a crayon.
- Place mat under drawing and color with crayons to make a texture.
- Paint the leaf with warm colors.
- Paint the background with cool colors for contrast.