Here’s an idea for a transportation craft project. It costs about $1.50 for both gift boxes and makes a pretty cool looking truck with no prep work at all.
- White gift box: 9″ x 4.5″ x 4.5″
- White gift box: 3″ x 3″ x 3″
- Corrugated cardboard scraps
- Circle template, 2″
- Sharpie markers, assorted
- Silver markers (optional)
- Brown paper packing tape (it’s much stickier than masking tape)
- Students keep the boxes flat while coloring all the sides with the markers.
- The template is used to trace six wheels on the cardboard. They are cut with a scissors and colored with black and silver markers.
- The boxes are folded and taped closed with scotch tape if necessary.
- The truck is assembled with strips of brown tape that are turned into rolls. Small rolls are needed for the wheels, and several large connecting the cab to the truck.
Note: This post contains an affiliate link.