If you’ve totally run out of Halloween drawing ideas, then you’ve come to the right place. This cat in a pumpkin is both easy and cute, the best combination.
I like having students draw and color on a 6″ x 9″ paper so it’s easier to fill in the background. It helps your supplies to last longer and also fits in my Recycled Art Journal system.
- Draw Cat in a Pumpkin PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper, 6″ x 9″
- Black permanent marker
- Colored markers or crayons
PREP: Cut 9″ x 12″ paper in half to make 6″ x 9″ paper.
- Fold the paper in half both ways to make center crease lines. Draw a circle.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add triangle nose and mouth.
- Draw two ears and two paws that touch the cheeks.
- Add the opening of the pumpkin around the cat head and paws.
- Add the pumpkin shape below the opening.
- Draw five pumpkin section lines as shown.
- Older students may add the curved edge to the bottom (optional).
- Erase the smooth bottom edge of the pumpkin if you added curves.
- Draw two triangle eyes.
- Add a pumpkin mouth. Draw grass in the background.
- Trace all with a permanent black marker. Fill in with black and color the rest as you wish.