If you’ve totally run out of Halloween drawing ideas, then you’ve come to the right place. This cat in a pumpkin is both easy and cute, the best combination.
I like having students draw and color on a 6″ x 9″ paper so it’s easier to fill in the background. It helps your supplies to last longer and also fits in my Recycled Art Journal system.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my HALLOWEEN DRAWING ebook. It contains 25 brand new tutorials that first timers can try out to draw new shapes, and the more experienced can use as a starting point before adding their own twists, and details, and shadows.
Each project includes easy to follow step-by-step tutorial, a full size line drawing for reference, and finished color sample. Just click on the title or book to learn more.
- Draw Cat in a Pumpkin PDF Tutorial
- Drawing paper, 6″ x 9″
- Black permanent marker
- Colored markers or crayons
PREP: Cut 9″ x 12″ paper in half to make 6″ x 9″ paper.
- Fold the paper in half both ways to make center crease lines. Draw a circle.
- Draw two eyes.
- Add triangle nose and mouth.
- Draw two ears and two paws that touch the cheeks.
- Add the opening of the pumpkin around the cat head and paws.
- Add the pumpkin shape below the opening.
- Draw five pumpkin section lines as shown.
- Older students may add the curved edge to the bottom (optional).
- Erase the smooth bottom edge of the pumpkin if you added curves.
- Draw two triangle eyes.
- Add a pumpkin mouth. Draw grass in the background.
- Trace all with a permanent black marker. Fill in with black and color the rest as you wish.