Learn how to draw cubism in the style of Pablo Picasso, with this portrait that merges a side and front view into one face.
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
DO YOU LIKE THIS PORTRAIT PROJECT?
There are fifteen more like it in my “Self Portrait Art Projects” ebook in my PDF Shop. It’s designed to show students just how varied the world of self portraits can be, from abstract to pop to even a Minecraft theme. All come with full tutorials, finished samples, and any templates needed. Just click on the binder or title to learn more.
Time needed: 1 hour.
How to draw a Cubism Portrait
- Make fold lines. Start the profile with nose.
- Continue down through the lips.
- Add the chin.
- Continue chin up the jaw. Add the side mouth.
- Add a profile view of an eye.
- Finish left side with front view of and eye.
- Add half of the front view of the mouth.
- Finish with neck lines.
- Trace VERY heavily with black pastel, and fill in the rest.