Make a pumpkin drawing that is easy but still allows for some dimension. No need to draw ones that look totally flat.
Here students start with three round overlapping shapes, then add the inner lines. The different angles of each pumpkin make for a more interesting and shapely drawing.
LIKE THIS DRAWING PROJECT?
There are 200 more fun and easy drawing tutorials like this one, in my giant How To Draw ebook in my PDF Shop.
All were created with lots of hands on classroom testing, and designed to take beginner artists from the first step to the last with clear and simple diagrams.
It’s all you need to provide hours of drawing fun with tutorials for Animals, Fish, Insects, Birds, Landscapes, Plants, Transportation, People and much more.
• View and download Pumpkin Tutorial
• Drawing paper
• Oil pastels (Portfolio is my favorite brand for blending)*
*The above product link is a referral. If you click through and take action, I’ll be compensated a small amount, at no extra expense to you.
1. Draw or print the center guide lines on the paper. Breaking the page into four sections helps to make a drawing that fills the paper.
2. Draw a large, medium and small pumpkin in pencil and shown in the tutorial.
3. Trace the drawing with a black pastel.
4. Color the pumpkins with an orange pastel. For more dimension, try using a golden yellow in the middle of the sections to look like a highlight.