Learn how to draw candles with this easy step by step tutorial, and then decorate for whatever holiday you might be celebrating.
Historically, people used candles to light their homes, and travelers used them to light their way. But candles have played a part in celebrations, religious and otherwise, for millennia.
This tutorial for how to draw candles has a Christmas theme, with the holly and red berries, but could easily be altered for other celebrations too. You could change the color of the candles themselves, add different shaped leaves, or leave them out all together — lots of options for all kinds of other occasions.
- How to Draw Candles (click to download a PDF)
- Drawing paper
- Black marker
Time needed: 45 minutes.
How to Draw Candles
- Draw the large center candle.
- Add two medium side candles.
- Draw two more behind the fire.
- Add wax and flame to the center candle.
- Erase, add flames to the other side.
- Draw berries and holly in the center.
- Add more holly and berries on the side.
- Erase the candle bottoms as shown.
- Trace with marker and color.