I made a visual aid to help show how to make a friendship bracelet. It’s really just one step that is repeated, so totally doable for older elementary students.
My school’s 4th graders once started the year off with a friendship theme, so I needed a visual to teach students how to make make these, sometimes 35+ students at once.
- Students cut about a 15″ length of yarn from all six colors.
- All the yarn is attached to a piece of cardboard or chipboard about 6″ x 12″, taped to the top and clipped to the bottom.
- The red yarn is unclipped and knotted as shown in the diagram. When the row is complete, the red is reclipped at the bottom.
- The blue yarn is unclippped and knotted in the same manner as the red one.
- Repeat making rows until there is enough knotted yarn to wrap around a wrist.
- The ends are knotted and tied together. Trim any excess yarn.