Joan Miro was a Spanish artist who was famous for using some very child-like doodles in his artwork.
My students had fun mixing and matching them to come up with their own “Miro”.
• Multimedia paper, cut o 6″ x 9″
• Black Sharpie marker
• Watercolor paint, I prefer the liquid paint
1. Show students several Miro paintings, and share with them a sheet of many elements that repeatedly appear in his artwork.
2. Students draw their own person using only these elements.
3. The body is traced with a permanent marker.
4. Other doodles may be added with a crayon.
5. The art is finished with watercolor paint.